A man without a vision is a moving corpse – Karl H. Potter
Intelligence is what differentiates humans from the other creatures. It enables humans to rationalize the alternatives before him, compare choices and take the most informed decisions.
Indeed, the whole essence of humans’ existence is to be able to prioritize the activities of their lives and set clear and measurable goals. Without clear goals, life tends towards the paths that allow nature and challenges drive it leading to chaos and troubles. But with SMART Goals, a person can deliberately takes charge of his/her life, carefully design outcomes and leads a satisfying life.
What Are SMART Goals?
For clarity, SMART Goals are clearly outlined objectives and points that a goal-setter can easily track, measure, and whose success can be easily evaluated. Ultimately, it places the users in-charge of his/her lives and ensures they take control of the events happening with them.
The word SMART as used here is an acronym representing: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely. Each word in the acronym is deployed to tracking, measuring and evaluating the value and the performance a goal till it is completed.
Practical Applications of SMART Goals
The SMART GOAL rules can be applied to every facet of life. You may decide to set SMART Goals in your personal life, like ensuring discipline in saving for a car. It could be in your professional life, like increasing sales or acquiring a new degree. It could also be in your academic life, relationship and what have you.
But let’s consider its applications to a professional life.
Specific: this is clearly defining what you really want to achieve. You may need to explain why you need the goal, how to achieve it and when to clearly realize when it is achieved. For instance, as a marketer, your goal might be to become the top sales person in your company for the year.
It helps to clearly showcase the goal and given it a tangible value.
Measurable: The goal should be measurable in such that you can track the performance, know when you are derailing and specifically realize when you’ve achieved your goal.
For instance, if the best marketers in your company sell about 5 products per week, you should be able to place your goals within such value and work harder when you fail to ensure you remain on track. When your goal is measurable, you will be kept on track.
Attainable: This is another important part of a Smart Goal. This ensures the goal set is not frivolous. You take the time to evaluate and study the goal in such that it is attainable. This doesn’t preclude setting challenging goals, instead, it helps to analyze the requirements of the goal and ensure you have the requirement resources and expertise to achieve them.
Setting unachievable goals can only lead to frustration.
Relevant: There is no use setting a goal because others are. Every prospective achiever must set goals that are relevant to their lives. Yes, you may decide to tart something entirely new but you need to be sure it’s what you really want to do.
Timeline: Sometimes, your time can become a goal killer. When your goal broods too long in the making, you might lose the passion and, it may even become obsolete. So, you need to give a clear timeline, like a deadline to your goal. Besides, this helps you remain passionate about the goal.
Lastly, that you have a smart goal doesn’t mean you won’t face challenges. You achieve your goals; you need a good dose of energy and determination.
Here is our collection of 48 SMART Goals Templates, Examples & Worksheets,
Download Smart Goals Template 01
Download Smart Goals Template 02
Download Smart Goals Template 03
Download Smart Goals Template 04
Download Smart Goals Template 05
Download Smart Goals Template 06
Download Smart Goals Template 07
Download Smart Goals Template 08
Download Smart Goals Template 09
Download Smart Goals Template 10
Download Smart Goals Template 11
Download Smart Goals Template 12
Download Smart Goals Template 13
Download Smart Goals Template 14
Download Smart Goals Template 15
Download Smart Goals Template 16
Download Smart Goals Template 17
Download Smart Goals Template 18
Download Smart Goals Template 19
Download Smart Goals Template 20
Download Smart Goals Template 21
Download Smart Goals Template 22
Download Smart Goals Template 23
Download Smart Goals Template 24
Download Smart Goals Template 25
Download Smart Goals Template 26
Download Smart Goals Template 27
Download Smart Goals Template 28
Download Smart Goals Template 29
Download Smart Goals Template 30
Download Smart Goals Template 31
Download Smart Goals Template 32
Download Smart Goals Template 33
Download Smart Goals Template 34
Download Smart Goals Template 35
Download Smart Goals Template 36
Download Smart Goals Template 37
Download Smart Goals Template 38
Download Smart Goals Template 39
Download Smart Goals Template 40
Download Smart Goals Template 41
Download Smart Goals Template 42
Download Smart Goals Template 43
Download Smart Goals Template 44
Download Smart Goals Template 45
Download Smart Goals Template 46
Download Smart Goals Template 47
Download Smart Goals Template 48
- 39 Useful Immunization & Vaccination Schedules [PDF] Vaccination is the process in which a vaccine is administered to the body. A vaccine can be defined as any preparation that can be used to provide immunity to a certain disease or condition. Immunization is the process in which the immune system is empowered to fight various diseases and conditions. Immunization is always the result of vaccination. Vaccination involves the introduction […]
- General Manager Resume A General management is a vital functionary in an organization. In a little business, General Managers are usually responsible for all functions. In method and large businesses, GMs can be in charge of a particular unit like manufacturing, product sales, buy, promotion, etc. Typically they report to the Chief working Officer or even a Vice President who in turn may report towards the […]
- 40+ FREE Partnership Agreement Templates (Business, General) While forming a business partnership, every member needs to have a protection in the business. This protection is governed by the partnership agreement. in the absence of the partnership agreement, the members of the business will have to rely on the rules and laws which are set by the state while distributing the assets and also in case of any loss in the business. The partnership […]
- 50 Free Newsletter Templates for Work, School and Classroom Newsletters are an important tool for any organization. It is a way to keep in touch with your members and your customers and let them know periodically what is going on. Many things can be behind the scenes and not noticed by the general public. Sometimes it helps to remind people of events that will be coming up. Here are a few things that must be included in order to create an […]
- 19 Perfect Daily Work Schedule Templates For those who stay at home or do some not so serious job, it can be a little difficult to understand why would someone want to write down all of his tasks and schedule his meetings and conferences but for those who live a busy life and spend most of their time in the office or on the laptop, it’s very important to make sure that they give equal and appropriate time to all of their […]
- 48 Sample Affidavit Forms & Templates (Affidavit of Support Form) Here is our collection of 48 Sample Affidavit Forms & Templates (Affidavit of Support Form),
Download Affidavit Form 01
Download Affidavit Form 02
Download Affidavit Form 03
Download Affidavit Form 04
Download Affidavit Form 05
Download Affidavit Form 06
Download Affidavit Form 07
Download Affidavit Form 08
Download Affidavit Form 09
- Formal Meeting Agenda Template A meeting can also be a political meeting. The primary purpose of any political meeting is to procure more supporters when it comes to party who has summoned the meeting. Charismatic political frontrunners can influence the masses because of the sheer power of their particular terms. As a result, governmental group meetings lead a lot of individuals to repudiate their own functions, […]
- 31 Free Prenuptial Agreement Samples & Forms An agreement is an official document used to show that two parties have consent about a particular matter. A Prenuptial Agreement always takes place between spouses. Most couples can choose to draft a Prenuptial Agreement before marriage. However, it can be made at any point in the relationship. A Prenuptial Agreement is an agreement between spouses. It entails the division of the […]
- Information Technology Support Services Contract Template Information Technology support services are the services necessary for the IT management. It includes application development services, and information management and IT consulting services. The application development services are mostly used for custom websites and custom applications, including services such as business analysis, quality assurance testing, application planning, and […]
- 39 Powerful SWOT Analysis Templates & Examples SWOT Analysis involves Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. It is a well-planned strategy that is mostly used by businesses or people to become successful. The strength means that you should always look within yourself (in the case of an individual) or within the business (in the case of business) to find what you are really good at. After you establish your strengths, you […]