An Obituary is a news of dead person published in newspaper along with his personal life’s information and upcoming funeral details. Mostly obituary is written for significant people rather than normal public. It includes a brief history of their life, their achievements and news of funeral so that interested ones can attend and pray. Obituary is mostly written by the closed one of a dead person.
Losing a loved one is disastrous and it’s a lot difficult for him to write although he is already suffering from grief due to death. Sometimes a false report of death is given by media or by other social network, it is called premature obituary. It’s because the person was so close to death but survived and one main reason is the miscommunication between the different newspapers and family of a person.
Many organization and media related companies make pre edited and prewritten obituaries for whom who might close to death and when needed they edit it again.it saves media time and can be reported shortly after the death.
The purpose of writing an obituary is for people who do not see the dead person every day or don’t know personally him/her give a chance for them to know the expired person and his personal life. Like his/her real name, birth place, married life, kids, residence.
Question arises who should write an obituary?
It is suggested that a deceased person’s closed one should write an obituary because he is the one who knows him personally and was very close to him. No one could write properly with full emotions other than him .it’s a moment when emotions are full on bloom and he could write it very well. Funerals are extremely emotional event, don’t be afraid to show emotion.you can put them while writing.
How to Write an Obituary?
There are several steps of writing an obituary.
Obituary is always brief containing the news of death, short bio of a person, funeral details and timings, request of contribution if needed.
It allows you remind the cherishing moments with your loved one.
- Decide where you want to publish obituary: different newspapers have their own format to accept obituaries so decide the publishing paper by keeping in mind their cost also. Some charge as per line some as per column.so write in a way they accept it.
- Gather all the important information: while writing an obituary you should have all necessary info, don’t skip anything.
Name (actual name, nick name, surname, and birth name)
Current residence, old residence, location of birth and death
- Funeral details (where and when services will be held)
- Requesting for contribution: request others if they want to contribute in funeral like flowers or other donations.
You may consult with some friends or other members of family to make a story of dead ones hobbies and accomplishments.
- Write it: choose appropriate style and format of obituary you can use obituary template also. Carefully check the spellings, rammer and let someone other to read it to make sure it’s readable.
- Choose photo: select a picture by which people could recognize the deceased person and try select a photo of a smiling face. Make it pleasant one by using editing or Photoshop it by professional photographer
Publish it one or two days before the held date of funeral so that friends and family could make arrangements of flowers or donations if needed.
Here is our collection of 25+ Obituary Templates and Samples,
Download Obituary Template Word 01
Download Obituary Template Word 02
Download Obituary Template Word 03
Download Obituary Template Word 04
Download Obituary Template Word 05
Download Obituary Template Word 06
Download Obituary Template Word 07
Download Obituary Template Word 08
Download Obituary Template Word 09
Download Obituary Template Word 10
Download Obituary Template Word 11
Download Obituary Template Word 12
Download Obituary Template Word 13
Download Obituary Template Word 14
Download Obituary Template Word 15
Download Obituary Template Word 16
Download Obituary Template Word 17
Download Obituary Template Word 18
Download Obituary Template Word 19
Download Obituary Template Word 20
Download Obituary Template Word 21
Download Obituary Template Word 22
Download Obituary Template Word 23
Download Obituary Template Word 24
Download Obituary Template Word 25
Download Obituary Template Word 26
- 51 Sympathy Card Messages & Sympathy Message Examples Writing a sympathy message or a card is a crucial task. One wonders what to say and what not to say. We will sit and ponder what we would like to hear from our friends and family in case we encounter such moments? What would be most appropriate to say? What are the right words to use? What would be most comforting for that person to hear? In essence, we literally feel short of words. […]
- 46 Free Letterhead Templates & Examples Postal mail system is not dead! Even if you consider it nostalgic but still offline mails are being used by a number of big companies for their legitimate business deals. This is the reason, importance of letter, its page, its layout and its first appearance matters a lot and if we talk specifically about the “letters’ layout”, the letterhead is one of the significant printing […]
- 30 Free Thank you Letter Templates (for Scholarship, Donation, to Boss and MORE) Gratitude is one of the greatest virtue. A man should use this virtue and express it to show how much he appreciates their love, kindness and generosity.Thankyou letter plays a key role in expressing the gratitude. Every gentlemen should be acknowledged of when and how thankyou letter should be written. It is written on specific events i.e., when you receive gift from your grandpa or […]
- 41 Free Letter of Introduction Templates & Examples It is often said “references win you job”. I do agree with this statement to some extent but not completely. No doubt, if somebody knows you already would prefer to hire you but here I believe, a person can make someone to know him/her better in order to win a job. And this is where the role of a cover letter or introduction letter comes.
An introduction letter is a letter, attached […]
- 41 Free Sponsorship Letter & Sponsorship Proposal Templates Asking for sponsorship is like asking for help from some stranger in terms of money. I mean, getting money from someone who doesn’t even know you? This sounds awkward!!! Well, no doubt it is intimidating but still not woolgathering. If you use right approaches, you can surely get a successful sponsorship. Good thing about sponsorship letters is that you don’t have to go through the […]
- Apology Letter Template When you really require to apologize to someone for example explanation or any other, composing an apology page is an excellent way to do so. When you write a letter, you're using the time required to believe about why you are sorry, portray it into the right method, and permit the specific realize that these are typically really worth the energy it will require to write a personal […]
- 40 Proof of Employment Letters, Verification Forms, Templates & Samples Proof of Employment Letter, also known as ‘Employment Verification Letter’, is a type of letter that testify the status of an employee who works in a particular organization, makes this much money and also include various other type of information’s being requested. They are provided to the employee for various uses, for example: to enjoy fast loan approvals and getting a new […]
- 45 Free Biography Templates & Examples (Personal, Professional) Every professional person needs a bio, but very few of them can write a good one. It’s becoming important because most of us cannot be bothered by reading lengthy documents and profiles of any person. Hence biography is needed.
It is important in many ways i.e.in finding jobs, publishing an article or any social network.
Many tips are here to write a perfect bio:
Purpose of […]
- 50 Free Newsletter Templates for Work, School and Classroom Newsletters are an important tool for any organization. It is a way to keep in touch with your members and your customers and let them know periodically what is going on. Many things can be behind the scenes and not noticed by the general public. Sometimes it helps to remind people of events that will be coming up. Here are a few things that must be included in order to create an […]
- 43 Free Sponsorship Letter & Sponsorship Proposal Templates A Sponsorship Proposal Letter is an official letter that is written by an individual requesting to be sponsored. Most people write Sponsorship Proposal Letters which go unanswered or always get declined. This is because their Sponsorship Proposal Letters may be lacking in terms of important elements which must always be included in a perfect sponsorship request document.
Writing a […]