A GAP Analysis explains the difference between the expected performance of a business, its operations and the actual outputs of such business. A GAP Analysis shows that a system is performing below the expected standards and may need to be reviewed for optimum performance. As the name implies, in an everyday language, it shows that there is a gap to be bridged. In the analysis, operational and structural deficiencies are identified, studied and outlined the required procedures needed to rescue the business, and get it going at its best.
GAP Analysis can also be used by project managers and small businesses to improve processes and standardized their activities. Once the gaps are identified, then, the quality of works and inputs needed to address them can be ascertained and provided.
A Guide to GAP Analysis
To conduct a GAP Analysis, the step to be undertaken is to establish the core values of the organization. This can be achieved by looking at the organizational strategic goals and objectives. The actual plans and goals envisaged by the founders of the organization can be reassessed and the difference between it and the company’s current’s status identified.
The next step will be to undertake a business process reviews. This may require interviews, researches, surveys and investigations to ascertain the problems associated with the business processes. This will also show why and how the organization has managed to drift away from its main targets and core values. Lastly, the company compares its driving goals and targets with its current realities.
GAPs may have existed in a company due to deficiencies in any or all of the three primary categories below:
One – People involved in running the business may be lacking the required or the adequate skills, and they may have poorly defined roles and functions which impede their jobs.
Two – Processes used may be unnecessary, poorly outline and badly managed. This may also involve poor supervision and so on.
Three – Technology may not be properly utilized to ensure seamless activities and automated processes.
When any of these gaps is properly identified, the required approaches and step may then be deployed to address them.
How to Use GAP Analysis?
Identify the need of GAP Analysis: First identify the need to undertake a GAP Analysis. You will realize there is a need for a GAP Analysis when business activities and realities failed to align with realities and outcomes. Sometimes, there may be a need to further listen to stakeholders and other clients in order to ascertain the suspicions that there have been gaps. Compare all the business realities and outcomes with the driven goals of the business. This will enable you to see how far apart or close the business is performing compared with plans and standards.
Review feedback: Discuss the feedbacks and the discoveries with your team, clients and stakeholder. Take other’s opinions and put it together to balance the information you intend to work with. This is usually undertaken by an expert to ensure the success of the review.
Implement a rescue operation: After you’ve had clear and well-established priorities, there is a need to identify the required steps needed to address the problems. The approaches required will largely depend on what the problems are considered to be.
Do a follow-up: There is a need to check back the responses and the impacts of the actions put in place.
Here is our collection of 40 GAP Analysis Templates & Examples (Word, Excel, PDF),
Download Gap Analysis Template 01
Download Gap Analysis Template 02
Download Gap Analysis Template 03
Download Gap Analysis Template 04
Download Gap Analysis Template 05
Download Gap Analysis Template 06
Download Gap Analysis Template 07
Download Gap Analysis Template 08
Download Gap Analysis Template 09
Download Gap Analysis Template 10
Download Gap Analysis Template 11
Download Gap Analysis Template 12
Download Gap Analysis Template 13
Download Gap Analysis Template 14
Download Gap Analysis Template 15
Download Gap Analysis Template 16
Download Gap Analysis Template 17
Download Gap Analysis Template 18
Download Gap Analysis Template 19
Download Gap Analysis Template 20
Download Gap Analysis Template 21
Download Gap Analysis Template 22
Download Gap Analysis Template 23
Download Gap Analysis Template 24
Download Gap Analysis Template 25
Download Gap Analysis Template 26
Download Gap Analysis Template 27
Download Gap Analysis Template 28
Download Gap Analysis Template 29
Download Gap Analysis Template 30
Download Gap Analysis Template 31
Download Gap Analysis Template 32
Download Gap Analysis Template 33
Download Gap Analysis Template 34
Download Gap Analysis Template 35
Download Gap Analysis Template 36
Download Gap Analysis Template 37
Download Gap Analysis Template 38
Download Gap Analysis Template 39
Download Gap Analysis Template 40
- 27 Free Income Statement Examples & Templates (Single/Multi step, Pro-forma) A company’s Income Statement is the breakdown of its income and expenses over a period of time specified by the management. It shows the differences between the net income and the net expenses and clearly portraits the performances of the organization within the time specified.
In a layman word, Income Statements show if a company is losing or profiting within the time checked. […]
- 43 Free Use Case Templates & Examples (Word, PDF) Every organization and business has clearly spelt out the system of operations, procedure and how they interact with the general public and/or specific stakeholders. Sometimes, the processes involved in running an organization on a daily basis can be so complex and many necessitating the need for simplified descriptions to bring about clear, effective analysis and monitoring.
- 37 Free Gantt Chart Templates (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) A Gantt Chart is a tool used for project management. This is most often used when having to organize several individuals and the many different tasks associated with that project. Gantt Charts are bar charts that show how much time it’s expected to finish a particular task that is important to a project. It also shows how much time it actually takes for those tasks to be completed. It […]
- 37 Best Free Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Templates Standard Operating Procedures are printed guidelines on how to use various equipment. They are mostly found in most laboratories and scientific setups. They include detailed descriptions of how to operate various machinery. They are usually placed next to the equipment in which they describe its operations. SOPs are written using a very simple language such that a person who is totally […]
- 39 Free Purchase Order Templates in Word & Excel A Purchase Order Document is a formal document that is used to show that a particular order for the purchase of items has been placed. It is important always to use a Purchase Order Document. This is because it will make the supplier accountable in case they fail to deliver the purchase order. A Purchase Order is used to show an agreement between a buyer and a supplier that on a […]
- 49 Free Job Description Templates & Examples When applying for a job, carefully reading and reviewing the Job Description is extremely important. Everything that you need to know in order to apply effectively with confidence should be contained in the Job Description.
The first thing to take note of is the job title. A good job title will give you an idea of what the job is and what you will be doing. For example, if the job […]
- Construction Manager Resume Building executives are accountable for a number of aspects associated with the construction procedure through the preliminary execution of the task to its conclusion. They assures that the project remains within the client's budget and remains within its drafted schedule. He or she tends to make sure that all facets associated with the project adhere to a high degree of quality and […]
- 51 Effective Meeting Agenda Templates Decisions are taken in much better way if the companies or authorities get opinion of their employees or sub-ordinates, as compared to the decision made on basis of a single authority’s will. To collect suggestions and input from the members of a project, meetings are held so that all members can make healthy conversation to figure out the best solution to a particular issue. Business […]
- 47 Free Press Release Format Templates, Examples & Samples A professional Press Release should give clear and concise information about your product or service. If your language is too busy or your language falls flat, it is less likely that the press will be willing to send out the information to the general public. One of the mistakes people make in writing Press Releases is putting in “exciting” language as this often falls flat. Your […]
- 39 Powerful SWOT Analysis Templates & Examples SWOT Analysis involves Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. It is a well-planned strategy that is mostly used by businesses or people to become successful. The strength means that you should always look within yourself (in the case of an individual) or within the business (in the case of business) to find what you are really good at. After you establish your strengths, you […]