Every organization and business has clearly spelt out the system of operations, procedure and how they interact with the general public and/or specific stakeholders. Sometimes, the processes involved in running an organization on a daily basis can be so complex and many necessitating the need for simplified descriptions to bring about clear, effective analysis and monitoring.
In view of this, the use of diagrams to represent the subject(s), the actors and the Use Cases involved in such business making identifications of problems easy and ensuring the relevant solution are provided is deployed. For clarity, the subject is the business involved or the software designed to execute the business; the actors are external individuals interacting with the business processes while the Use Cases embody the processes and actions involved designed to ensure seamless operations.
Use Case Diagrams are an exceptional way of analyzing the requirements of a system and how to use the processes involved efficiently while interacting with the external audience.
Explanations of the terms involved in the ‘Use Case Diagrams’ are:
Actors: These customers, business partners, suppliers, the general publics or an external system interacting with the system. It is better to name the actor based on the functions performed than mentioning the real identity. That helps to simplify the Use Case Diagrams for analysis and observation. For example, it is better to call an actor a supplier than say the company name like PIMAN. Actors should be made to model roles and not initiators names.
Secondly, actors should be drawn to the left to ensure their roles are shown easily to the right.
Lastly, ensure actors do not interact with each other. They can only interact with the system.
It is good to note that all actors are stakeholders while not all stakeholders are actors since not all of them interact with the system.
Use Cases: These are the automated processes that are deployed to ensure the business runs smoothly and without hitches. For easy analysis, ensure the names of the Use Cases in the diagram begin with a verb. This is because Use Cases model actions and roles. Examples: Supplier of raw materials and not Supplier. For instance, Monitoring shoppers, print receipt, facilitate payments and so on. Secondly, try to place the names of the Use Case Diagrams in the descriptive form of the role(s) modeled.
Lastly, to ensure clarity of the Use Case Diagrams, place the inheriting Use Case below the earlier ones till the process is completed. Examples: Confirmation of items in the shopping list comes above payment at the POP terminal while issuance of receipt comes further below.
Subjects: Shopping malls, filling stations and restaurants. Other software subjects are CCTV, automated payment systems, morning counting machines and point of sales terminals. The Use Case Diagrams have been widely deployed to simplify the processes involved in a system include in software engineering. Use Case Diagrams and structures have also helped in many process models and frameworks such as ICONIX, the Oracle Unified methods and so on.
Its strength lies in simplification of process, identification of errors, producing solutions and modifications where necessary.
Here is our collection of 40 Use Case Templates & Examples (Word, PDF),
Download Use Case template 01
Download Use Case template 02
Download Use Case template 03
Download Use Case template 04
Download Use Case template 05
Download Use Case template 06
Download Use Case template 07
Download Use Case template 08
Download Use Case template 09
Download Use Case template 10
Download Use Case template 11
Download Use Case template 12
Download Use Case template 13
Download Use Case template 14
Download Use Case template 15
Download Use Case template 16
Download Use Case template 17
Download Use Case template 18
Download Use Case template 19
Download Use Case template 20
Download Use Case template 21
Download Use Case template 22
Download Use Case template 23
Download Use Case template 24
Download Use Case template 25
Download Use Case template 26
Download Use Case template 27
Download Use Case template 28
Download Use Case template 29
Download Use Case template 30
Download Use Case template 31
Download Use Case template 32
Download Use Case template 33
Download Use Case template 34
Download Use Case template 35
Download Use Case template 36
Download Use Case template 37
Download Use Case template 38
Download Use Case template 39
Download Use Case template 40
- 40 GAP Analysis Templates & Examples (Word, Excel, PDF) A GAP Analysis explains the difference between the expected performance of a business, its operations and the actual outputs of such business. A GAP Analysis shows that a system is performing below the expected standards and may need to be reviewed for optimum performance. As the name implies, in an everyday language, it shows that there is a gap to be bridged. In the analysis, […]
- 41 Free Hold Harmless Agreement Templates (Free) The free hold harmless agreement, also known as hold harmless provision, under the legal contract says that one organization or individual is not responsible for the damages, losses or injuries etc faced or done by the other party. This document save both parties from any claim, about transection or activity that might arise during or after a task is completed by them. Both entities […]
- 43 Free Business Card Templates With each passing day, new businesses are established at every corner of the world. This means that you will need to work not only harder but smarter to in order for your business to stand out. In the case of your business just starting out, there is much pressure for you to market your business and sell your brand. Whether your business is in its initial stages, or you have already […]
- 33 Free Questionnaire Templates (Word) Questionnaires and Surveys are groups of data or tools use to gather targeted information about people, individuals and organizations for the purpose of analysis. More critically, Questionnaires are bodies of structured questions with given alternatives designed to acquire needed data/information which is used in analyzing or achieving the investigation intended in a survey. So, […]
- 47 Free Press Release Format Templates, Examples & Samples A professional Press Release should give clear and concise information about your product or service. If your language is too busy or your language falls flat, it is less likely that the press will be willing to send out the information to the general public. One of the mistakes people make in writing Press Releases is putting in “exciting” language as this often falls flat. Your […]
- Business Gift Certificate Template Gift certificates are in many cases deployed to market products and services of a company because it is an efficient way to boost your target market. Usually customers like to receive business gift certificates for their relatives and family members. This is very good opportunity to get new customers for your market therefore businesses consider it as an effective way of publicity. […]
- 39 Ready-to-use Non-Compete Agreement Templates In contract law, two parties are made bound to an agreement under law. One of the clauses of this law, called as non-compete (NCC) or covenant not to compete (CNC) clause, which states that one party will not compete with other party in its trade or profession. It is basically a written agreement that hold legal importance. For instance, an employee is not allowed to start a trade or […]
- 50 Free Newsletter Templates for Work, School and Classroom Newsletters are an important tool for any organization. It is a way to keep in touch with your members and your customers and let them know periodically what is going on. Many things can be behind the scenes and not noticed by the general public. Sometimes it helps to remind people of events that will be coming up. Here are a few things that must be included in order to create an […]
- 35 Free Beautiful Binder Cover Templates Binder Covers can be a bright and colorful way to organize information in the office, at school, and at home. They can also be a dynamic way to draw attention to your organization and help people remember you.
Binder Covers that are used for business should be unique, colorful, yet professional. This can be achieved by making certain that your company or organization’s name is […]
- 43 Free Warranty Deed Templates & Forms (General, Special) Looking for buying a property or any other riches to shimmer yourself up. A Warranty Deed or Form is a necessity you must know about in detail. It is a kind of provision to protect you from any future deception and fraud. So, understanding a Warranty Deed or Form can be handy at times when charm of a valuable item or property insists you to go for it.
Let’s understand what a […]