A professional Press Release should give clear and concise information about your product or service. If your language is too busy or your language falls flat, it is less likely that the press will be willing to send out the information to the general public. One of the mistakes people make in writing Press Releases is putting in “exciting” language as this often falls flat. Your product may be a good one. But trying to create excitement about it with language is not as effective as one might think. The product should be good enough to sell itself.
For instance, if you are sending out a Press Release about a car, words like “dreamy” and “stellar” may seem like good choices, but will not tell your customers anything about your car. These are more general statements that don’t really tell them anything about the product you are trying to sell. Also, making things too technical will only confuse your readers. Using words that only mechanics and those in the factory would know, will cause people to ignore what you have to say.
Instead, try for the clearest language possible in your Press Releases. Tell the customer about the technology that is used to make the ride smooth and easy. Tell them what improvements you have made to make the car handle better. Tell them any other safety features you’ve added such as parking assistance, back up cameras, and alerts. Tell this all in the clearest and most concise language that you can. Telling the truth will create more buzz and will impress upon the customer more than “exciting” language that will get you nowhere.
Another example would be if you are selling the next best laptop. Everyone purchases a laptop for different reasons and what works for some will not work for others. Here’s where having clear and concise language will help both you and your customers. Talking about the refresh rate, the size of the screen, the resolution of the screen, and the technology that goes into the computer will mean much more to a person who uses their laptop for gaming than one who only uses it for business and word processing. Alternately, talking about the storage capacity, the speed at which the computer processes information, the safeties that are in place in case the laptop drops, and the different ways it can connect to the internet will mean much more to the researchers or college students who are looking to use a laptop for school and business. The language that you use in your Press Releases will draw in different types of customers who are looking specifically for your product and make them more likely to buy it.
In short, your Press Releases should contain information that is important to your customers. It should be informative without being too specific or too general. It should draw in the customers who are looking for your product specifically. It will guarantee that your customers will be happy with the product once they have received it.
Here is our collection of 47 Free Press Release Format Templates, Examples & Samples,
Download Press release template 01
Download Press release template 02
Download Press release template 03
Download Press release template 04
Download Press release template 05
Download Press release template 06
Download Press release template 07
Download Press release template 08
Download Press release template 09
Download Press release template 10
Download Press release template 11
Download Press release template 12
Download Press release template 13
Download Press release template 14
Download Press release template 15
Download Press release template 16
Download Press release template 17
Download Press release template 18
Download Press release template 19
Download Press release template 20
Download Press release template 21
Download Press release template 22
Download Press release template 23
Download Press release template 24
Download Press release template 25
Download Press release template 26
Download Press release template 27
Download Press release template 28
Download Press release template 29
Download Press release template 30
Download Press release template 31
Download Press release template 32
Download Press release template 33
Download Press release template 34
Download Press release template 35
Download Press release template 36
Download Press release template 37
Download Press release template 38
Download Press release template 39
Download Press release template 40
Download Press release template 41
Download Press release template 42
Download Press release template 43
Download Press release template 44
Download Press release template 45
Download Press release template 46
- Business Gift Certificate Template Gift certificates are in many cases deployed to market products and services of a company because it is an efficient way to boost your target market. Usually customers like to receive business gift certificates for their relatives and family members. This is very good opportunity to get new customers for your market therefore businesses consider it as an effective way of publicity. […]
- 33 Free Questionnaire Templates (Word)
Questionnaires and Surveys are groups of data or tools use to gather targeted information about people, individuals and organizations for the purpose of analysis. More critically, Questionnaires are bodies of structured questions with given alternatives designed to acquire needed data/information which is used in analyzing or achieving the investigation intended in a survey. […]
- 50 Free Newsletter Templates for Work, School and Classroom Newsletters are an important tool for any organization. It is a way to keep in touch with your members and your customers and let them know periodically what is going on. Many things can be behind the scenes and not noticed by the general public. Sometimes it helps to remind people of events that will be coming up. Here are a few things that must be included in order to create an […]
- 59 Free Receipt Templates (Cash, Sales, Donation, Rent, Payment and more) Receipts are clear and simple business documents issued to show that the recipient had made payment for a specified product or service. A receipt may be issued for service rendered; for instance, this includes receipts from a school account office for school fees, from a laundry service provider, from an organizer of a training program, and so on. It could also be issued for product […]
- 41 Free Cost Benefit Analysis Templates & Examples! Cost Benefit Analysis is a process by which businesses and individuals determine if the benefits of a project or investment are worth the costs. Every project or investment carries with it both benefits and risks. Therefore it is best to determine ahead of time if the benefits are worth the risks.
Say a person wants to set up a small business. When first embarking on this project, […]
- 36 Free Business Proposal Templates & Proposal Letter Samples A Business Proposal is a formal document which can be used to apply for a business loan or request for external funding from prospective investors. A Business Proposal is a detailed summary of the business. It covers the scope of the business in terms of finances, market, and all the important aspects of the business. However, writing a Business Proposal can be a daunting task since it […]
- 43 Free Use Case Templates & Examples (Word, PDF) Every organization and business has clearly spelt out the system of operations, procedure and how they interact with the general public and/or specific stakeholders. Sometimes, the processes involved in running an organization on a daily basis can be so complex and many necessitating the need for simplified descriptions to bring about clear, effective analysis and monitoring.
- 37 Best Free Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Templates Standard Operating Procedures are printed guidelines on how to use various equipment. They are mostly found in most laboratories and scientific setups. They include detailed descriptions of how to operate various machinery. They are usually placed next to the equipment in which they describe its operations. SOPs are written using a very simple language such that a person who is totally […]
- 47 Free Quit Claim Deed Forms & Templates A Quit Claim Deed can be used for a variety of reasons, but in general it is used to transfer property from one person to another. Quit Claim Deeds are often used for passing the rights on a piece of property to a spouse or ex-spouse, giving the property to another person such as a family member, transferring the property to a trust, or correcting the spelling of a name or the wording […]
- Office Memo Format Everyone at their workstations constantly read memos carefully while comprehending exactly what its message is conveying.
Which can be easy however if you certainly will write a memo, you need to follow some writing rules to help make it work or otherwise, you can expect to be composing a mess.
Memos, just in case the language escapes you, is a written proposal or reminder found […]