An agreement is an official document used to show that two parties have consent about a particular matter. A Prenuptial Agreement always takes place between spouses. Most couples can choose to draft a Prenuptial Agreement before marriage. However, it can be made at any point in the relationship. A Prenuptial Agreement is an agreement between spouses. It entails the division of the wealth and responsibilities in the case of a divorce or case one of them dies later in life. It is common belief that prenups are made for the rich. However, this is not the case because any couple can get into a Prenuptial Agreement.
When should I use a Prenuptial Agreement?
There are certain instances which call for the need to use a Prenuptial Agreement. One of them is if you are about to get married and you would like to lay out your different duties and responsibilities especially in case the marriage gets dissolved. The other reason will be if any of you has huge debt before the marriage or engagement. A Prenuptial Agreement is important in this instance because it will be used to clearly define which debts will be shared and which ones will be settled individually.
The other reason that could prompt the need for a prenup is if any of you has been married before. It is even more important to consider getting a Prenuptial Agreement if any of you has kids from a previous marriage. This will help you know how to go about the situation without causing any disagreements. It is also important to get a prenup if you own a business and you would like to divide the responsibilities and ownership. Therefore, it is evident that a Prenuptial Agreement is very important in your relationship.
How can I get a Prenuptial Agreement?
A Prenuptial Agreement is a decision that should be made mutually. One party should not go to the other one and get the prenup without further consultations. A Prenuptial Agreement should be done with both parties present. However, it is important to get a Prenuptial Agreement in good time. This is because any Prenuptial Agreement signed 30 days before marriage will be regarded as illegal since both parties might have been influenced or rushed. It is also important to include a third party such as a lawyer or a religious leader. The third party should be in a position to settle any disputes that might arise during the Prenuptial Agreement.
In conclusion, a Prenuptial Agreement is a hard place to go to. However, you will be grateful in the end that you did it. Dissolution of marriage is a hard thing to go through no matter the reason, whether as a result of death or divorce. One party can end up losing so much on top of all the heartbreak caused. Therefore, planning in advance would be a very good idea. In some instances, if the spouse who dies is wealthy, the relatives might want to be included in the inheritance, and it might lead to many disputes. However, if there is a legal Prenuptial Agreement involved, then it will be easier to settle the disputes.
Here is our collection of 31 Free Prenuptial Agreement Samples & Forms,
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 01
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 03
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 04
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 06
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 07
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 08
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 09
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 10
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 11
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 12
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 13
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 14
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 15
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 16
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 17
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 18
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 19
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 20
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 21
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 22
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 23
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 24
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 25
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 26
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 27
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 28
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 29
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 30
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 31
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 32
Download Prenuptial Agreement Template 33
- 41 Free Non Disclosure Agreement Templates, Samples & Forms When drafting a Non-Disclosure Agreement, there are several factors you must consider in order protecting all parties involved. More often than not, a Non-Disclosure Agreement is used when confidential information is going to be revealed by one or all parties. When putting this document together, there are key things that should always be included.
First clause that should be […]
- 42 Free Rental Application Forms & Lease Agreement Templates A Rental Agreement is an official document that is used to show the agreement between a landlord and a tenant. It is viewed as a contract once it is signed by both parties indicating that they agree to the terms and conditions stated. Once a landlord decides to lease his property, he drafts a Rental Agreement and presents it to the potential tenant. The potential tenant is then […]
- 39 Free Purchase Order Templates in Word & Excel A Purchase Order Document is a formal document that is used to show that a particular order for the purchase of items has been placed. It is important always to use a Purchase Order Document. This is because it will make the supplier accountable in case they fail to deliver the purchase order. A Purchase Order is used to show an agreement between a buyer and a supplier that on a […]
- 30 Free Professional LLC Operating Agreement Templates When setting up an LLC Operating Agreement, one should understand that this will be laying the groundwork for your company and how it will be run. Different states have different rules about whether or not an LLC needs to set up an operating agreement. But it is a very good idea so that everyone knows how things will run in this company and many other details.
One of the first […]
- 33 Free Credit Score Charts & Ranges A Credit Score Chart is a tool used to determine the level of one’s credit. A person’s credit score affects one’s eligibility to get loans, make large purchases, apply for lines of credit on credit cards, and determines interest rates on loans and credit cards. Using a Credit Score Chart can help in determining the level of your credit.
When determining one’s credit score, five […]
- 49 Free Job Description Templates & Examples When applying for a job, carefully reading and reviewing the Job Description is extremely important. Everything that you need to know in order to apply effectively with confidence should be contained in the Job Description.
The first thing to take note of is the job title. A good job title will give you an idea of what the job is and what you will be doing. For example, if the job […]
- 48 Sample Affidavit Forms & Templates (Affidavit of Support Form) An Affidavit, unlike a contract or agreement, is a legal evidence that is presented before an authority or court for a particular case. The authority before which an affidavit is presented has the jurisdiction to witness an oath. The statement given in the affidavit represents that you swear that the information given in document is true and not fraudulent. It is an oath that you take […]
- Reseller Contract Template Reseller contract or agreement is particular type of commitment or agreement that is established between two parties; one party is a business organization and second one is responsible for sales, marketing, distribution etc. Main purpose of creating a reseller contract is to upgrade sales of your business and its being very prolific in enhancing sales of business. Overall benefits of […]
- 39 Ready-to-use Non-Compete Agreement Templates In contract law, two parties are made bound to an agreement under law. One of the clauses of this law, called as non-compete (NCC) or covenant not to compete (CNC) clause, which states that one party will not compete with other party in its trade or profession. It is basically a written agreement that hold legal importance. For instance, an employee is not allowed to start a trade or […]
- 30 Ready-to-use Scope of Work Templates & Examples A Scope of Work document is an official document that is used to describe the full extent of the work. Therefore, a Scope of Work document should be prepared by someone who has an in-depth understanding of what exactly the work entails. A Scope of Work document covers all aspects of the work under discussion. This includes the feasibility study, the budget, and the expected time frame […]