Italian dishes and foods are popular across the world for its regional diversity, rich in taste, and plenty of difference in flavors. There are hundreds and thousands of Italian restaurants all over the world. These restaurants specialize in the preparing and providing Italian cuisine, and each restaurant has menu of its own.
When it comes to designing menu for Italian restaurant, creativity and imagination is very important in order to showcase the particular Italian restaurant dishes. It is important to design in such a way that it evokes the true colors of Italy and its cuisine in order to help delight the senses even before the first bite.
Here we present some useful tips for designing menu for Italian restaurant that will help you in designing a professional looking dining menu for your restaurant.
Define your menu needs
First of all identify your needs so that you can save your time and effort, and also it will help you in designing the menu. Create a list of all the menus you want to include in the menu. A number of restaurants have a separate menu for each service such as breakfast, lunch, and dinner, in addition to kids menu, happy hour, drink menu, and dessert menu. Moreover, decide on the page size of the menu, whether it will be single, bi-fold, or tri-fold.
Complement menu style with restaurant style
Since the dining menu represents your restaurant, it should complement with the restaurant style so that when people see your menu in window or online, they get the idea of what your restaurant will be like. For a restaurant with elegant and modern interior, select a clean design with a contemporary look. You can design black and white menu with script font. Whereas if you have a family friendly environment of the restaurant then choose the warm colors such as red, orange, yellow and brown along with sans-serif fonts.
Divide the menu into sections or categories
This step allows the customers to easily search for dishes by arranging items in sequence and in categories they fall, starting with the Antipasti (appetizers), Soups and Sauces, Pane (Bread), Pizza, Pasta, Rice, Fish, Meat and cured meat, vegetables, desserts and pastry, drinks, and coffee.
Use photos carefully
In designing a casual menu, include the tasteful images of Italian dishes, such as spaghetti, pasta, tortellini, and pizza in the menu. On the other hand, highlight the Italian fine dining menu with accents of Italian culture and use simple lines to reflect well-known Italian tourist locations. Also, keep in mind that using too many photos of food in your menu will ruin the professional image of your restaurant because food photos are generally related with junk mail flyers.
Pay attention to details
Customers are very perceptive to discrepancies. They can easily be distracted by misspelled ingredients, scratched-out prices, or use of too many different fonts in the menu, leaving them with a bad taste for your restaurant. When designing menu, watch out for details before printing it out. Check how it looks on the tables and in restaurant environment.
In a nut shell, designing a menu for Italian restaurant is a serious task, which should be done carefully. The designed menu should have consistent styling from section to section, easy to read fonts, proper spacing, and should be typo-free.
Here is preview of a good looking Italian Restaurant Menu Template created using MS Word,
Click here to download this Italian Restaurant Menu Template
- Wedding Menu Card Template Wedding meal is really important, because most of the hosts serve dinner in many cases. It is important to feed all guests properly, and for this purpose, you have to follow proper etiquettes. In order to ensure that the guests properly enjoy your wedding reception, you have to make proper arrangements to entertain them, and food is the biggest factor that can make them happy, or […]
- Venue Catering Menu Template Taking professional catering services has become very common among people especially when have to arrange mega event’s celebrations like wedding, birthdays, social events/parties, official meetings and conferences. Catering is very vast field and caterers provide lots of problems including very relaxed sitting arrangements, venue decoration, providing food/refreshment to the guests and […]
- Drinks Bar Menu Template Establishing business of food café or coffee café is nice one and you can make it very successful in your town. However, lots of things need to do for running successful business of food or coffee bar. Some things are accomplished on priorities i.e. bar menu is one of most important factors to be considered and well arranged to groom café business. You need to take some of special, […]
- Cafe Menu Template Business of Tea Cafe is relatively small size than large entrepreneurs of restaurant and chain of hotels but it still need to furnish all aspect of business development and growth. This is the way you can groom in your café business. Menu designing is very important aspect of each restaurant, food bar, drink bar and tea café as well and it must be accomplished in the best professional […]
- Formal Meeting Agenda Template A meeting can also be a political meeting. The primary purpose of any political meeting is to procure more supporters when it comes to party who has summoned the meeting. Charismatic political frontrunners can influence the masses because of the sheer power of their particular terms. As a result, governmental group meetings lead a lot of individuals to repudiate their own functions, […]
- Workshop Marketing Brochure Template If you desire to provide matchless type of market research consultancy services, you have to spare some time to design your workshop marketing brochure in an attractive way. It is not a bad idea if your mind helps in creating the concept. It is generally seen that everyone is not an expert to design an attractive form of brochure. In order to cope with it, you can get help from […]
- Office Menu Template Do not underestimate the importance of office menu planning, because it is more than just putting some tasty dishes together. There are lots of aspects that should be considered, such as a premise, the nourishment level of the food items and your budget. Meal planning means to serve well balanced and nutritious meals to people. Planning can be a breeze for some chefs, but it can be […]
- 31 Free Restaurant Menu Templates & Designs There are many things which can be used to define a restaurant. One of them is the restaurant menu. Personally, I hate it when I walk into a high-class restaurant only to be greeted with a plain piece of paper with words on it indicating that it is a Restaurant Menu. A restaurant menu should be colorful and inviting to look at. It should help you decide which food to take in case you […]
- 43 Free Business Card Templates With each passing day, new businesses are established at every corner of the world. This means that you will need to work not only harder but smarter to in order for your business to stand out. In the case of your business just starting out, there is much pressure for you to market your business and sell your brand. Whether your business is in its initial stages, or you have already […]
- Birthday Invitation Template Birthday is a special time for a girl or boy and a special birthday party is hosted in order to make this day more special. Without friends and family you cannot celebrate your own birthday party because birthday entertainment begins with friends only and in order to call for your friends you have to create amazing birthday invites. Designing of birthday invitation involves adequate […]