A Gantt Chart is a tool used for project management. This is most often used when having to organize several individuals and the many different tasks associated with that project. Gantt Charts are bar charts that show how much time it’s expected to finish a particular task that is important to a project. It also shows how much time it actually takes for those tasks to be completed. It also shows how the tasks relate to each other towards the completion of the project. This not only helps people know when they should start their work, but also lets everyone know when the project is ahead of or behind schedule.
For example, when building a website that links many departments, the first thing that needs to be done is the shell of the website must be built and the standards put in place. This would be done by the web development department. It is important to know how long they believe it will take and when it is actually done so that other departments know when they should start working on the project. Once the developers are done, the designers should come in to make the look of the website uniform and professional. After they are done, then the website managers from each department should go to their pages and start entering the information that they want on the site. All of these steps depend on knowing when the department before them has completed their job. A Gantt Chart will allow that to happen quickly and easily.
Another example would be if one is planning the opening of a small business. This could be a project that is much longer term, but a Gantt Chart would still be helpful in order to determine which tasks have been completed and which tasks should be completed next. When setting up a small business, there are several factors to consider: finding a location for the business, gathering money through loans and investors to start the business, acquiring stock and determining how long it will take for that stock to get there, hiring new employees, and planning the grand opening. All of these tasks are dependent on one another and need to be completed in a certain order for this to be successful. Using a Gantt Chart will help everyone keep track of what has been completed and what still needs to be done. This would be particularly helpful in this situation since so much has to happen.
Gantt Chart Templates can easily be found online or in most word processing suites. They are designed to be easy to use and depend on information being inserted by the user so that the bar chart can be created. This makes it easy to put one together and then share it with everyone involved in the project. When setting up a Gantt Chart, make sure that you include everyone in the project so that all time estimates are reasonable and so everyone knows approximately how long they have to complete their portions of the project.
Gantt Charts are one of the best management tools that can be used when organizing a large project that involves many people and many tasks that need to be done in a specific order.
Here is our collection of 37 Free Gantt Chart Templates (Excel, PowerPoint, Word),
Download Grantt Chart Template 01
Download Grantt Chart Template 02
Download Grantt Chart Template 03
Download Grantt Chart Template 04
Download Grantt Chart Template 05
Download Grantt Chart Template 06
Download Grantt Chart Template 07
Download Grantt Chart Template 08
Download Grantt Chart Template 09
Download Grantt Chart Template 10
Download Grantt Chart Template 11
Download Grantt Chart Template 12
Download Grantt Chart Template 13
Download Grantt Chart Template 14
Download Grantt Chart Template 15
Download Grantt Chart Template 16
Download Grantt Chart Template 17
Download Grantt Chart Template 18
Download Grantt Chart Template 19
Download Grantt Chart Template 20
Download Grantt Chart Template 21
Download Grantt Chart Template 22
Download Grantt Chart Template 23
Download Grantt Chart Template 24
Download Grantt Chart Template 25
Download Grantt Chart Template 26
Download Grantt Chart Template 27
Download Grantt Chart Template 28
Download Grantt Chart Template 29
Download Grantt Chart Template 30
Download Grantt Chart Template 31
Download Grantt Chart Template 32
Download Grantt Chart Template 33
Download Grantt Chart Template 34
Download Grantt Chart Template 35
Download Grantt Chart Template 36
- 40 Free Organizational Chart Templates (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) An Organization Chart or Organogram is a representation of the hierarchy of power within the organization. In other words, it is a diagram used to show the flow of power within an organization. An Organization Chart always starts with the highest authority and trickles down to the one with the lowest authority. Preparing an organizational chart should be done with so much attention to […]
- 25 Free Marathon Pace Charts (+ Half Marathon Pace Chart) For runners, the difference between finishing a race and failing halfway through often lies in pacing. To that end, using a Marathon Pace Chart is an important tool in determining the pace one should set for a particular race and how long it will take them to finish that race.
For example, if a first time runner is at their first marathon, it would be beneficial for them to know a […]
- 40 GAP Analysis Templates & Examples (Word, Excel, PDF) A GAP Analysis explains the difference between the expected performance of a business, its operations and the actual outputs of such business. A GAP Analysis shows that a system is performing below the expected standards and may need to be reviewed for optimum performance. As the name implies, in an everyday language, it shows that there is a gap to be bridged. In the analysis, […]
- 50 Free Newsletter Templates for Work, School and Classroom Newsletters are an important tool for any organization. It is a way to keep in touch with your members and your customers and let them know periodically what is going on. Many things can be behind the scenes and not noticed by the general public. Sometimes it helps to remind people of events that will be coming up. Here are a few things that must be included in order to create an […]
- 33 Free Credit Score Charts & Ranges A Credit Score Chart is a tool used to determine the level of one’s credit. A person’s credit score affects one’s eligibility to get loans, make large purchases, apply for lines of credit on credit cards, and determines interest rates on loans and credit cards. Using a Credit Score Chart can help in determining the level of your credit.
When determining one’s credit score, five […]
- 43 Free Business Card Templates With each passing day, new businesses are established at every corner of the world. This means that you will need to work not only harder but smarter to in order for your business to stand out. In the case of your business just starting out, there is much pressure for you to market your business and sell your brand. Whether your business is in its initial stages, or you have already […]
- 27 Free Income Statement Examples & Templates (Single/Multi step, Pro-forma) A company’s Income Statement is the breakdown of its income and expenses over a period of time specified by the management. It shows the differences between the net income and the net expenses and clearly portraits the performances of the organization within the time specified.
In a layman word, Income Statements show if a company is losing or profiting within the time checked. […]
- 33 Free Timeline Templates (Excel, Power Point, Word) When embarking on a project that involves several people and will take a good amount of time to complete, it is very important to create Timeline Sheets as part of your Project Management methods. Using a Timeline Sheet will help everyone you are involved with know what should be happening when and how long it should take. This will help everyone know what steps are being taken and […]
- Recognition Award Template Recognition is such a thing that everyone desired to get as a return of his/her performance. Giving employees recognition awards is a powerful activity of successful organizations. If an organization is not considering and rewarding its employees with rewards it is more likely to face vacant positions within its different departments due to indistinct reasons.
In the world of […]
- Construction Manager Resume Building executives are accountable for a number of aspects associated with the construction procedure through the preliminary execution of the task to its conclusion. They assures that the project remains within the client's budget and remains within its drafted schedule. He or she tends to make sure that all facets associated with the project adhere to a high degree of quality and […]